How to Apply For Sightmark Pro Staff
Remember when your high school or college counselor told you to find your passion and then find a way to make money doing it? Well, we may not be able to pay you cash money to hunt hogs all night but Sightmark does have an awesome opportunity that pays off those active in the firearm and hunting communities.
If you already own a Sightmark product, sing its praises and share pictures of it to your 1,000+ followers, then listen up! Here’s your chance to be a Sightmark brand ambassador!
We are now accepting applications for our 2020 Pro Staff. Applications are accepted from November 1 until December 15, 2019.
Important Note: Applications received after December 15, 2019, will not be considered.
This is your chance to grow your social media following and influence, meet super cool people and get discounted and even free product! We’ve reserved 25 spots for this select group of respected experts in the firearm, law enforcement and hunting communities. We will announce who made the cut on January 15, 2020!
Who Are We Looking For?
Our Pro Staff are experts in their field—be it predator hunting, competition, law enforcement, self-defense training or long-range precision shooting. Your followers look to you to provide quality content, honest reviews and good shooting tips. You are a content creator who will naturally help increase Sightmark brand awareness and help us increase traffic and drive our message. Above all, you are an excellent steward for the shooting sports community by always practicing safe firearms handling and ethical hunting practices.
Not only does the Pro Staff program benefit us by spreading the word about Sightmark, but you also benefit. By being a Sightmark brand ambassador, you grow your followers, knowledge and increase your own authority within the shooting community.
We seek a diversified group of folks interested in all types of shooting sports—hunting of all types, competition, law enforcement, pistol, tactical training, sporting clays, long-range precision, professionals…you name it, we want you involved!
What Does Pro Staff Do?
We ask our Pro Staff to:
- Provide reviews
- Share stories of success
All of the above is achieved through quality content like pictures, videos, blog posts and articles.
You will also represent Sightmark at industry events like sponsored hunts, trade shows and competitions.
What’s in it for You?
- Annual credit towards Sightmark product purchases
- 1 free Sightmark product a year (up to $400)
- Welcome package with a cap and exclusive Pro Staff shirt
- T&E units throughout the year
- VIP pricing and free shipping
- Monthly awards to the top performer
- Credit awarded to best performer quarterly
- Product credit for each post, article or mention
From the Horse’s Mouth
If you don’t believe us when we tell you how cool our Pro Staff program is, take it from active members of past Pro Staff teams:
- “My favorite part of the position is being the first to know about upcoming products and getting to test before others.” – Scott Massey
- “I’ve gained a few friends through the process. Once you get onto the Pro Staff, a group is created and you see that that common thread that connects firearms enthusiasts no matter their occupation, generation, political views, race, religion, etc. Like-minded people can still come together to discuss share the love of shooting. I find that this gives me an opportunity to pass on information that I have learned in my career, and even if I only pass on one small piece of information, it is something that I learned that didn’t end with me. We all learn from those that came before us.” – Jamie Trahan
- “…It’s a cool opportunity to interact with others in the 2A industry and because it’s one more way I can try to ensure that the next generation has their rights to bear arms. I have gotten a lot out of this program. Friends in the 2A community, invites on hunts, entry into the NRA yearly meetings, and of course, the discount program provides very beneficial to the wallet.” – Dan Smith
- “I joined the Pro Staff because I was interested in working with a team/company dedicated to improving their brand by listening to customer feedback and bringing in-demand items to market. The program is very user-friendly, low pressure and fun to be a part of. My favorite part was the ability to T&E different products I was interested in, as well as my followers were interested in my honest opinions and feedback.” – Matt DeVito
- “I joined the Sightmark Pro Staff because I wanted to be a part of something bigger than myself. I love Sightmark products and loved the people I had met. The team is amazing, and I wouldn’t have chosen to be with anyone else.” – Travis Hartsoe
- “Some people look at Pro Staff opportunities as only discounts on products. For me, Pro Staff is an opportunity to promote a brand you know and trust. I got more from the relationships I built within the staff group than any discount can provide. My favorite part of staffing this year was being able to work beside many Sellmark employees at the Texas Trophy Hunter Extravaganza in Ft. Worth.” – Christopher Strong
Rules and Stuff
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally allowed to own firearms
- No felony convictions
- No hunting/fishing/game violations
- Must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Have a sizable social media following
- Military or law enforcement personnel who is actively producing relevant industry content
- Be an industry writer
- Must own at least 1 Sightmark product
- High-quality headshot
- Creative portfolio with at least 3-5 of your best hunting/shooting/LE photos
- Industry-relevant writing sample if you are interested in writing
Program Terms & Rules
- The relationship begins January 15, 2020, and ends December 31, 2020.
- Pro Staff members are expected to reapply each year between November 1 – December 15 unless otherwise stated by Sellmark Corporation.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Pro Staff must provide content on a regular basis with personal units. (Regular cadence of 5 engagements (post, share, etc.) per month.)
- Sightmark Pro Staff will be limited to 25 Pro Staff spots.